I went during summer so it wasn’t too cold to stroll with bare feets on the wetland.
Along the way to the wetland, there is a live band playing various Chinese music like Beyond’s 海闊天空. Literary matches with what I see. So much feels paired with the perfect scenery.
- Avoid wearing long dress/pants.
- Check tide timings: http://www.gaomei.com.tw/gaomeiwetland-tide-month/
- Check weather forecast before going
- Plan to reach there a little earlier before sunset to allow time to walk to the wetland area.
- Go during weekday to avoid crowd
Fengjia Night Market
National Taichung Theater
This place is pretty close to Fengjia Night Market so if you plan to visit there you could drop by to take a look. For those who are interested in arts/architecture, the design of the space is stunning and there are mini stalls inside selling handcrafted items from Taiwan.
Read more about the history of this place here:
Weekends can be crowded. Go during weekdays if you like to take selfies without 20 people waiting in line for you to finish. 😐